Beautifully Simple Basil Meatball Sub
- Frozen Turkey Meatballs
- Marinara Sauce
- Fresh Garlic
- Provolone Cheese
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Olive Oil
- Fresh Basil Slices (to taste)
- Salt & Pepper
- Chop onions, garlic and sauté.
- In a skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of the oil over medium heat.
- Add sliced meatballs and cook, turning once, until browned on both sides, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add marinara sauce, reduce heat to low and simmer until meatballs are heated through, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Place buns, cut side down, on a work surface and brush crusts with the remaining oil.
- Turn rolls over and, on bottom halves, evenly layer with provolone, meatballs and sauce.
- Sprinkle with basil, mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Warm sandwiches in oven, at 350 degrees until golden