Our Guiding Principles define our vision for the future, direct our mission, and provide a leadership framework for our overarching, person-centered philosophy.
CLA is a leading organization recognized for providing quality, responsive, innovative, and person-centered support services to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
We imagine a world where each individual is accepted and respected for their unique contributions to their communities.
CLA enhances the lives of individuals with developmental disabilities toward fulfillment of their life goals through choice and support in homes, employment, and community activities.
- Interdependence/Diversity – As a community, we rely on each other to fulfill our needs and enrich our lives. Each individual is valued and respected for their unique contributions.
- Empowerment – Individuals manage daily life in ways that have positive results for themselves and others.
- Family – Families provide a positive, secure and loving base for learning and growing. The staff at CLA appreciates and encourages family participation. Family input is invaluable in creating the best team and program for each individual.
- Advocacy – Individuals’ basic civil rights are supported and protected to ensure equal opportunities of choice and active participation in living and working environments.
- Professional Development – Educational and practical opportunities are available to promote expertise in one’s chosen career.